When recently looking at images of the impressive new Facebook offices designed by Frank Gehry, I was struck by the accompanying comments of Mark Zuckerberg. “Our goal was to create the perfect engineering space for our teams to work together. We want our space to feel like a work in progress. When you enter our buildings, we want you to feel how much left there is to be done in our mission to connect the world.” Many other businesses would do well to follow this example of creating workspaces to complement and enhance their brand’s ethos. The same goes for embedding a strong company culture. What works for one company culture may be unsuitable for another. The key is working out what’s best for the team and creating something unique in order to be able to deliver even better performance.
There is a difference between interior decorator and interior designer is education.Literally anyone can become an interior decorator.Someone who loves playing with colors, fabrics and textiles can become a decorator.This is not necessarily a bad thing.
But they miss a few things which is most important things that is knowledge of history of design, the structural integrity of buildings, building codes, ergonomics, spatial concepts, ethics, psychology, computer-aided drawing (CAD) and much more.Broad range of skills is required because as an interior designer i work with not only homeowners, but also builders, architects, government agencies and business owners.So Its better to hire an interior designer with a well rounded knowledge.
- Did you know that 80% of your sales will probably come from 20% of your customers
- And this 20% of your customers is whom we don’t want to miss
- This 20% of the customers comes to you office not because you have a good printer or a high end processor computer it should either be your company culture.
- The first and top most rule of forming a culture is Keep your surroundings active live and co working
- Interior defines a company culture
- Interiors in simple line “Treatment to your customers” if you cannot make your customers happy what else be ?
-Design your office in such a way that it reflects your personality.
Hey There! I am prem, creator of this here Blog and Owner of BULL INTERIORS and www.raprem.com Welcome to my world! Take your time, peruse around, and lets get lost together in all things design!